Squirrelmail improvements

Hi all on the list;
I would like to ask this question about some squirrelmail improvements, at
least in my opinion:

1) downloading more then one attachment at the same time: I would like to
download a zip file containing all the attached files; unfortunately I found a
plugin but require the 1.5 vers. but I am stuck with the production version
1.4;
Will be the porting easy ?

2) more powerful search: it could be interesting to improve the search
capability adding more criteria (e.g. a date to search from, up to or in the
between);

3) multi-selection attachment: I would like to be able to attach more than one
file at the same time e.g. in the same window that pop up and let me choose
only one file at a time; I made some search with google but I am still unable
to figure out how it could be possible and if there is an easy way to do it

Is there any plugin I have missed that allow any of the previous (just not
reinventing the wheel) ?
Said that, I could try to put my effort to develop the above points but as I
am not a squirrelmail developer, I would like to have some "directions" where
to start.

Any help / ideas are welcome
Regards
Roberto