Re: question to all experts about change squirrelmail to smarty 3.11

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM, jimmy230 <smartyscripts@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I really like how squirrelmail works but I really would like  to change the
> way it display I have been working for years with smarty, my question is if
> its posible to change squirrelmail to display in templates I alreay have
> some advances but o sure if it will work , so I wanted to ask if it is
> posible..

Yes, it's possible, and it's something I personally have proof of
concept for.  You have to take a look at version 1.5.2SVN and you'll
see the presentation layer is separated into template sets, which by
default are pure PHP (probably better than adding another layer with
Smarty).  To indicate you want to use Smarty, you have to change the
template set engine in the config.php file for the template set:

$template_engine = SQ_SMARTY_TEMPLATE;

Then you can use these Smarty-specific configuration settings:

$smarty_path    (should point to your local Smarty.class.php)
$smarty_compile_dir
$smarty_cache_dir
$smarty_config_dir

Then all your template files will need to be in Smarty syntax.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team