Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:22:03 -0200
Subject: now is 15:22
From: my address
To: my address
shown time on the client is 19:22.

-------

If i send an email from my mail client, then the header is:

same stuff as above...
	for <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:25:44 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:25:42 +0200
From: Fabio  <xxxxxxxxxxx>

note that now we can see the correct timezone. +2

-----------

some more infos to help debugging:

system is Linux Debian Squeeze 64 bit
Squirrelmail 1.4.21
no plugins installed
system time is correct:
date  Thu Aug 16 15:31:35 CEST 2012
date +%z  +0200

php.ini:
[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = Europe/Amsterdam

php -version
PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze13 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 10 2012 07:31:32)

squirrelmail's time for my user is configured to be "same as server"

The problem occurs for every user, on every browser anyway.

Any help is strongly appreciated.

Fabio