Re: php update 5.3 -> 5.4; parseStructure() should not be called statically

On 06/15/2012 11:42 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 06/15/2012 11:26 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>>     I'll see if there are any bug reports open with php or Arch on the issue.
>> If you can think of anything else, please let me know. Thanks for your
>> continued work on squirrelmail!
>>

> Paul,
>
>    Take a look at:
>
> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=61356
>
>    Is there a possible similar problem in the squirrelmail code with
> error_reporting set in squirrelmail itself?

Paul,

  I apologize if this list gets two copies of this, but I didn't see the first
come through. Could the squirrelmail code be setting E_ALL and causing this
problem? I don't see this issue with my other web apps. Grepping, the following
looked suspicious. I'm not a php coder, so it could be harmless, but this is
what I found:

contrib/test_ldap.phps:error_reporting(E_ALL);

include/init.php://error_reporting(E_ALL);
include/init.php:error_reporting($error_level);

src/configtest.php:$php_error_reporting_original_value = ini_get('error_reporting');
src/configtest.php:error_reporting(E_ALL);
src/configtest.php:echo $IND . 'error_reporting: ' .
$php_error_reporting_original_value . " (overridden with 2047 for this page
only)<br />\n";

  Could one of these be the culprit causing the E_STRICT notices I'm seeing
despite having set ~E_STRICT in php.ini?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.