Re: Bug found: "SquirrelMail could not decode the bodystructure of the message"

Bugzilla from rgonzalez@xxxxxx wrote:

> I have a squirrel 1.4.22 system with dovecot IMAP server. A user
> reported that she can't read a message which contains an attachment. In
> fact she could read it just once, but further reading attempts end with
> this:
>

> --- start of error message ---
> SquirrelMail could not decode the bodystructure of the message
> The bodystructure provided by your IMAP server:
>
> ((("text" "plain" ("charset" "UTF-8") NIL NIL "8bit" 98 3 NIL NIL NIL
> NIL)("text" "html" ("charset" "UTF-8") NIL NIL "8bit" 100 4 NIL NIL NIL
> NIL) "alternative" ("boundary" "b2_e9a81c1b5e7fa70ff9d2abb0f0743174")
> NIL NIL NIL)("application" "octet-stream" ("name" "************)
> --- end of error message ---
>

> The message appears to have been sent from the same squirrel system. The
> message can be read with Mozilla Thunderbird. I googled but I found no
> single solution, but many reports, usually from 2007 or before.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Your bodystructure response does not have one double quote and two trailing
) symbols.

If message is generated by SquirrelMail, check which SquirrelMail version
generated it. Version should be listed in headers.

Check if you can reproduce it by creating new message with html_mail plugin
and attachment.

Check which html_mail plugin version is used on your system.

Check Dovecot version. BODYSTRUCTURE response is generated by IMAP server.
It does not matter how broken message is, response must be parseable.

Dovecot caches lots of message information. Check if problem is not
resolved, if you delete cache files in user's mailbox. Check Dovecot docs
about cache files or contact their support for advise which files can be
deleted to rebuild message bodystructure cache.

--
Tomas