Unable to make MySQL based Global Address Book working

Hello List,

We are trying to use MySQL backend for storing user information and Global Address Book. We have installed Squirrel Mail 1.4.22. The PHP version is 5.3.3 and mysql version is 5.1.52. The OS is RHEL 6.1 (64 bit). The following is the details of the database configuration that we have made:

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)

Database

1.  DSN for Address Book   :

2.  Table for Address Book : address

3.  DSN for Preferences    :

4.  Table for Preferences  : userprefs

5.  Field for username     : user

6.  Field for prefs key    : prefkey

7.  Field for prefs value  : prefval

8.  DSN for Global Address Book            : mysql://root:mysql@localhost/mail

9.  Table for Global Address Book          : address

10. Allow writing into Global Address Book : false

11. Allow listing of Global Address Book   : true

R   Return to Main Menu

C   Turn color on

S   Save data

Q   Quit

Command >>

The schema of the address table is as follows:

CREATE TABLE `address` (

  `owner` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

  `nickname` VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

  `firstname` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

  `lastname` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

  `email` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

  `label` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,

  PRIMARY KEY (`owner`,`nickname`),

  KEY `firstname` (`firstname`,`lastname`)

) ENGINE=MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

The content of the table is as follows:

+-------+---------------+-----------+----------+------------------------+---------------------+

| owner | nickname      | firstname | lastname | email                  | label                   |

+-------+---------------+-----------+----------+------------------------+---------------------+

|           | Jayanta Ghosh | Jayanta   | Ghosh  | jayanta.ghosh@xxxxxxxx | Executive |

+-------+---------------+-----------+----------+------------------------+---------------------+

The configtest.php report is enclosed.

We are going to compose page and clicking on the addresses button above the message area. We are able to give the search criteria but while clicking on the search or list all button we get the message “No persons matching your search were found”.

The server log files shows no errors at all. Would you kindly help to find out the issue?

With regards,

Goutam

SquirrelMail configtest
This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail configuration and point you to errors whereever it can find them. You need to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before you run this script.

SquirrelMail version: 1.4.22
Config file version: 1.4.0
Config file last modified: 07 February 2012 12:35:39

Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.3.3 OK.
    Running as N/A(N/A) / N/A(N/A)
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 22527
    variables_order OK: GPCS.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.

    ERROR: You have configured PHP not to allow short tags (short_open_tag=off). This shouldn't be a problem with SquirrelMail or any plugin coded coded according to the SquirrelMail Coding Guidelines, but if you experience problems with PHP code being displayed in some of the pages and changing setting to "on" solves the problem, please file a bug report against the failing plugin. The correct contact information is most likely to be found in the plugin documentation.

Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins are not enabled in config.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: http://10.40.4.23/newmail/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK (220 newmail.cesc.co.in)
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are unavailable. Japanese translation won't work.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
     PHP Pear DB support is present.
    mysql database support present.
    global addressbook database connect successful.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!