Re: fail to contact squirrelmail running domain

On 27/01/12 15:45, Stephen Liu wrote:
> However on server terminal running;

You're using ambivalent wording to describe your problem. One time you
explicitly state server (VM), the other time not while *maybe* talking
about the same box.

> $ dig @localhost server1.domain.com
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> @localhost server1.domain.com
> ; (2 servers found)
> ;; global options: +cmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 20315
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

[...]
> server1.domain.com can be found.

Can it be found from the box which you try to use to access your webmail
from? Can you rule out DNS, firewalls, routing (in that order)? Your
dig-request said 'ANSWER: 0' how do you jump to the conclusion that your
name resolves?

have fun with your setup.