Re: japanese text in emails gets mojibaked

Stuart McGraw-2 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying Squirrelmail for the first time and am having
> some problems with garbled display of Japanese text.

Install SquirrelMail extra decoding library. Link is on SquirrelMail
downloads page (http://www.squirrelmail.org/download.php). Scroll to the
bottom. You just have to place all those .php files in SquirrelMail
functions/decode directory. Please note that iso-2022-jp depends on
iso_2022_support.php. Don't put libraries from eastasia directory to
squirrelmail funtions/decode selectively. If you need iso-2022 support, put
all iso_2022*.php files.

Check if it is possible to enable recode extension in your PHP setup. Or at
least get PHP iconv extension and hope that you don't hit issues with some
texts.

If you use SquirrelMail US English interface, set default charset to utf-8
in SquirrelMail configuration or custom charset plugin.
--
Tomas