Re: Need help in configuring postfix virtual users on squirrel webmail

> I want support in configuring postfix virtual users on squirrel webmail.
> I have configured virtual domain and virtual user in postfix  and
> installed dovecot also  but i am unable to find how to setup webmail
> [squirrel mail]  for Virtual accounts.
> Is there any configuration in squirrel mail where i put virtual domain
> and  virtual user? I have tested for system account, it works fine.

You don't need to configure SquirrelMail in any special way to use virtual
users. When you're logging in SquirrelMail forwards the credentials to the
IMAP server (Dovecot in your case), and the IMAP server verifies them. As
long as Dovecot knows how to find the virtual users SquirrelMail is ok.

Bottom line: SquirrelMail treats system accounts and virtual accounts the
same.

Sincerely,
Fredrik

--