I'm having problems with emails containing HTML content.  When Google downloads the email messages via POP3 from my squirrelmail server, the message does not display using HTML.  I'm not sure if this is Google's fault or Squirrelmail's fault, but I've never had problems before on other servers running the same script and using squirrelmail.  If I login to squirrelmail, I have the option to download the email message as an attachment.  The attachment, if opened by my local browser, shows up as HTML content, and it is properly formatted. However, I'm using Google to download my emails and file them under my Gmail account. After Gmail downloads the messages, it shows up like this:

from
to    admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date    Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM
subject    Pending Registration

From: Name Removed <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:43:02 -0600 (MDT)

Any ideas? I really need it to show up properly once Gmail downloads the messages, as it takes a long time to login to Squirrel mail and download each message as an attachment.

My PHP Code Headers Look like this:

$headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
$headers .= "From: $uname <$email>";

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've attached a screenshot of what the message looks like once its been downloaded and archived into my Gmail account.

Required Information:

SquirrelMail Version:  1.4.0

Installed Plugins:

1. compatibility
2. ehcp_change_pass
3. delete_move_next
4. filters

PHP Version:  5.3.2-1ubuntu4.9

Web server:   Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)

IMAP server:   Whatever Ubuntu 10.04 Uses
SMTP server:   Whatever Ubuntu 10.04 Uses

OS and, if applicable, distribution:  ylmf OS (Ubuntu 10.04 Based)

How your software was installed:  EHCP's Automatic Scripts (http://ehcp.net)

Browsers tried:  Not browser related.... it's email related.