Re: (no subject)

2011.08.27 11:44 Lupin5th@xxxxxxx rašė:
> Hello!
>
> I´m trying to set up squirrelmail with dovecot, and in and of itself
> it´s working pretty well.
> My problem is, that squirrelmail doesn´t recognise the dovecot-folders
> in /var/dovecotmail/username/Maildir/ , instead it creates the folder
> INBOX, where it then creates an empty folder-structure (dovecot-style).
>
> in IMAP-Settings I set serversoftware to dovecot and Delimiter to detect.
>
> in Folder Defaults i tried several settings for Default Folder Prefix
> (empty, new (the dovecot Inbox is called new in my Maildir), etc), but
> nothing worked.
> The Trash, Sent, Drafts folder I set to simply Trash, Sent and Drafts.
> (they already exist in the Maildir, too, called .Trash, .Sent, .Drafts,
> but even if i set the values to read .Trash... the are not recognized...)
> I also set Default Sub. of Inbox to false.
>
> I really don´t know what else to do, how can i get squirrlmail to
> recognise the folders in the maildir, instead of just making new ones?
>
> other subfolder in the maildir I can later subscribe to, but the
> "standard"-Folders simply refuse to see my mail.
> and copying the mails from maildir/new to maildir/INBOX/new is not
> exactly the solution I´d prefer, seeing as I have to move over 500
> account to this new server... =)
>
> this is squirrel version 1.4.20 on ubuntu 10.4.3 LTS.

SquirrelMail is only IMAP client. If it does not see your folders, your
IMAP server is not displaying them.

Check dovecot configuration. mail_location setting and your dovecot
namespace configuration.

Dovecot namespace is configurable and SquirrelMail 'dovecot' preset might
not match actual namespace. Please note that file structure in your
mailbox directory does not matter, it matters only how IMAP server
displays them. For example, every maildir has three subfolders and you
should never see them in IMAP.

If you are not sure about your namespace configation, connect to imap
server with telnet and run following commands:
-----
telnet your-imap-server 143
++ Trying x.x.x.x...
++ Connected to xxx.
++ Escape character is '^]'.
++ * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
++ AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
A01 LOGIN your-username your-password
++ A01 OK <some response>
A02 NAMESPACE
++ * NAMESPACE < show me this response>
++ A02 OK Namespace completed.
A03 LOGOUT
++ * BYE Logging out
++ A03 OK Logout completed.
++ Connection closed by foreign host.
-----
All ++ lines are not commands. They should be displayed as responses to
previous commands. Replace 'your-imap-server', 'your-username' and
'your-password' with proper information. Remember that password must be
limited to US-ASCII symbols. 143 is port number. Change it to correct
port, if you changed your IMAP configuration. If you must use IMAPS (993
port), get telnet with ssl support (telnet -z ssl your-imap-server 993) or
find how to connect to SSL service with openssl client.

If you don't know how to use telnet, SquirrelMail has info plugin (Options
-> IMAP server information), where you can execute IMAP commands. You can
disable all other tests and execute only NAMESPACE command. LIST and LSUB
tests might be useful, if you want to show IMAP folder structure available
on account.

--
Tomas