Re: Squirrelmail PHP HTML Email Issues

Eric OwN-3m-All wrote:

> *Problem:
> *
>
> I'm having problems with emails containing HTML content.  When Google
> downloads the email messages via POP3 from my squirrelmail server, the
> message does not display using HTML.  I'm not sure if this is Google's
> fault
> or Squirrelmail's fault, but I've never had problems before on other
> servers
> running the same script and using squirrelmail.  If I login to
> squirrelmail,
> I have the option to download the email message as an attachment.  The
> attachment, if opened by my local browser, shows up as HTML content, and
> it
> is properly formatted. However, I'm using Google to download my emails and
> file them under my Gmail account. After Gmail downloads the messages, it
> shows up like this:
>
> *from
> to    admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> date    Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM
> subject    Pending Registration

> From: Name Removed <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:43:02 -0600 (MDT)

> following URL to send them confirmation:</p>*
>
> Any ideas? I really need it to show up properly once Gmail downloads the
> messages, as it takes a long time to login to Squirrel mail and download
> each message as an attachment.
>
> My PHP Code Headers Look like this:
>
> $headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
> $headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
> $headers .= "From: $uname <$email>";
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fix your mailer scripts. Emails are not supposed to have empty lines between
header lines.

If your emails has
-----
Subject: test

From: somebody

-----

Only Subject: line is treated as header. The moment you put to empty line in
email body it switches from headers section to context section.

I took out the \r\n, and it still doesn't work properly.  Now the sender shows up as www-data www-data@xxxxxxxxxx.  This is better than before, as it used to show up from blank.  It's still not displaying as HTML though.  On other webservers my php script was able to change the from name and email address when sending mail.  Any idea?