LDAP address book integration

Hello users,

   I have recently updated my squirrelmail to the 1.4.21 release and my
ldap integration for the address book
is no longer working.  The LDAP server is still up and operational and I
can query it manually from other
sources so I know that that side of things is still ok and has not
changed.  However Squirrelmail no longer
auto-completes anything when attempting to compose a new email.

   I have added some debug to the supporting scripts and verified that I
am successfully connecting and binding to
the ldap server, yet no response ever gets put in any of the TO/CC etc
address lines when composing.

Any one have any ideas as to what may have happened, has something gotten
broken in SQM or changed and requires
some other new setup info?

Here is the entry I have in my config file that has worked for many years:

$ldap_server[0] = array(
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'base' => 'dc=xxxxxx,dc=net',
    'name' => 'Xxxxxxx',