Re: Idea for cool SM feature

Wm Mussatto wrote:
> ? Having a local table might make more
> sense.=A0 It would be a time consuming process to scrape the world
*** Actually, it's not so bad.  A google search for "cell phone text email" gets
a list of web pages that have the basic email addresses.  It's a bit harder
to do the reverse lookup to find the company - fonefinder.net seems to work
well.  A local table could have area codes and prefixes ( that's 6 digits ),
and output cell phone address suffixes.  It would be a BIG table.

   It might be possible to make the table "sparse" by specifying ranges instead
of areacode/prefix pairs, or just limit it to local exchanges.  I personally
don't send many texts cross-country.

   Or the problem could be split into TWO tables, one with the strings for each
telephone company indexed by a unique one-byte ID.  The BIG table then consists
of an array of bytes, one for each areacode/prefix pair, arranged in numerical
order.  Each byte contains the ID of the telephone company string.  So the table
is no more than one megabyte ( if we keep it inside one country ).  And the
"lookup" consists of just getting the Nth member of the table, where N is the
area code concatinated with the prefix.

                          - Jerry Kaidor