Re: attachment isn't sent (src/compose.php on line 373 unserialize() problem?)

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Frantisek Hanzlik <franta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Some mails with attachment (new or forwarded) are sent without
>> that/these attachment(s). No errors are displayed on user screen,
>> but PHP log contain records as this:
>>
>> [30-Jun-2011 11:46:25] PHP Notice:  unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 2085 of 2751 bytes in /usr/share/squirrelmail/src/compose.php on line 373
>>
>> After some digging I found some documents which may relate to this
>> problem:
>> http://davidwalsh.name/php-serialize-unserialize-issues
>> + many references refer to frequent changes in (un)serialize() PHP
>> code.
>
> I don't think that's the issue (but if you turn on error_reporting and
> print out the errant array just above the line mentioned in the error
> message, we might be able to tell if that's really what's happening).
>
> I haven't seen anyone else having problems sending attachments, so I'm
> wondering if it's not something specific to your PHP environment.
> Maybe the attachments were added in an unusual way(?) or your session
> is being corrupted by an usual storage mechanism (sessions in
> database?) or some other exotic/unusual setup.
>
>> Can someone give any suggestion about this issue?
>>
>> (squirrelmail-1.4.20/php-5.2.13/apache-2.2.15/Fedora 11 i686)

Paul thank for Your reply. Now it seems as problem maybe is in PHP
code: I take mail with attachments (which, when was forwarded by SM,
was sent without these attachments) and put it to INBOX maildir folder
on another, newer (squirrelmail-1.4.21/php-5.3.6/apache-2.2.17/Fedora
 13 i686) mailserver. And there things are working as expected,
forwarded mails are correctly sent with attachments in them.

And when I downloaded source tarballs for these two PHP versions
(5.2.13 and 5.3.6), there were several differences in unserialize()
implementation (ext/standard/var_unserializer.c, i think).

Then solution is probably in upgrading mailserver software to newer
one.

Thank, Franta Hanzlik