Re: email forwarding, mailing lists and identities

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Ryan Pugatch <rpug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a member of various mailing lists (typically mailman based).  I
> subscribe to these with a specific email address (which I have an identity
> for).  That email address is actually a forwarder to the mailbox I am
> accessing via IMAP in SquirrelMail.  The X-Original-To and Delivered-To
> headers are my actual email address, not the forwarder which is the
> address I am subscribed to the lists with.  Additionally, the TO address
> is the mailing list. This means that SquirrelMail does not choose the
> right identity when I respond to emails to the list - instead it uses the
> default.
>
> Is there a way to work around that so the correct identity is chosen?

SquirrelMail is hard-coded as to what header fields to compare to your
identities.  You could go into src/compose.php and change that fairly
easily.  A nice idea to file away for feature requests would be to
allow configuration of this (by the admin?  by users separately?).

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team