Re: squirrelmail-mysql errors

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM, kibirango moses <kibsmoses@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hullo Users,
>  I am using sqwebmail access my mails. I want to transfer to
> squirrelmail .After installation of squirrelmail with postfixadmin  I
> can still access my mails using squirrelmail but  I am having problems
> with :
> 1.      Change  password (Changing  your mailbox password)
> Error:
> ERROR: Invalid query: MDB2 Error: connect failed
> connect: [Error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '--with-unix-socket-path=/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)]
> [Native code: 2002] [Native message: Can't connect to local MySQL
> server through socket
> '--with-unix-socket-path=/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] - connect:
> [Error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '--with-unix-socket-path=/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] [Native code:
> 2002] [Native message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '--with-unix-socket-path=/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] - SQL
> : SELECT * FROM mailbox WHERE username=?

1) You need to specify what you are using to try to change your
password.  Before posting again, please read the mailing list posting
guidelines as you were requested to do when you subscribed to this
mailing list.

2) AFAIK the Change SQL Password plugin doesn't even use MDB2 (only
works with Pear DB), so this is probably a problem with postfixadmin
or some other package unrelated to SquirrelMail

3) Looks like you haven't specified the location of the MySQL socket
correctly in the connecting/client software.  This is usually quite
easy to fix.  Or MySQL isn't even running.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team