Footer

Hello all

I know this will sound like a silly question, but I have to ask because I
simply don't know.

I am wanting to place a footer at the bottom of SquirrelMail.
This is after the user has logged in and is viewing their emails.

The object here is to place advertising at the bottom of every page.

Obviously I am not a programmer. So where would I start looking in order
to make any changes, and how could I preserve those changes from being
overwritten when SM is updated?

I am using SquirrelMail version 1.4.15

Any comments would be most appreciated.

Regards