Re: how to move cursor back to the top when replying

>> I was wondering if I can get some help here. This might be a trivial
>> question
>> but I seem to be unable to fix it.
>>
>> When clicking "reply" to someone's email, I notice that the cursor starts
>> after
>> the the original sender's message in the body text. What should I do to
>> make the
>> cursor starting right from the top before other people's emails.
>>
>> I am using squirrelmail 1.4.20 on windows XP Pro SP3.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> This is a secret bit of code put into the internet to stop people top
> posting I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it.

Mick, please don't reply with such nonsense.

See:

Options --> Display Preferences --> Cursor Position when Replying

There is no one selections there that does exactly what you need
(because JavaScript traditionally had no way to determine cursor
position), but it gets closer.  Also note that when you're in the
message area, pressing CTRL+UP will move the cursor to the top of the
text.  In the future, we may further refine this to do as you ask, but
this involves a mess of cross-browser code, because none of the
browsers handles text selection areas quite the same.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team