Re: Default signature?

Hi,

>> I'm using 1.4.21 on a Linux system. Is it possible to have
>> squirrelmail prompt for a default signature upon first login, in the
>> same way it prompts for user name and email address?
>
> It only prompts for name/email if you have the Ask User Info plugin
> installed.  You can achieve the functionality you need by adapting or
> copying that plugin.

Yes, thanks, I should have mentioned this was regarding the user_info plugin.

> You can configure your server however you want, but it's good practice
> to put your SquirrelMail data directory in /var/lib/squirrelmail or
> similar.  What's below that is more discretionary, but I can't see
> what the need for "www" would be.

I have these directories:

/var/lib/squirrelmail/data
/var/lib/squirrelmail/www
/var/lib/squirrelmail/attach
/var/lib/squirrelmail/ham
/var/lib/squirrelmail/spam

Within the www directory is src, config, themes, etc. Also is 'data',
which only contains the user_pref file. I think that directory is a
mistake and I should remove it, but wanted to be sure.

>> Also, regarding squirrelmail_logger,
>
> Perhaps you mean the Squirrel Logger (squirrel_logger) plugin

Yes, thanks.

>> would it be advisable to have the
>> log file (squirrelmail_access_log) be in the httpd log directory (in
>> my case, /var/log/httpd) for easier management, or does it need to be
>> in $data_dir?
>
> Do what you want, but putting it in the SquirrelMail data directory is
> dangerous because you probably don't have log rotating configured for
> that file there.  Log files generally belong in /var/log

Yes, exactly. That's what I thought as well, but I only uncommented
the existing line in the config file that pointed it to the $data_dir:

         // Only applicable when $sl_logs includes "file".
        $sl_logfile = $data_dir . 'squirrelmail_access_log';

I'll just hard code it to an absolute path to my log directory.

Thanks again,
Alex