Re: php-5.3.4 causes error messages

Grant-4 wrote:

> After upgrading to php-5.3.4 on Gentoo, I'm getting some error
> messages although functionality seems to be intact:
>
> PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of Deliver_IMAP::send_mail() should
> be compatible with that of Deliver::send_mail() in
> /path/to/squirrelmail/class/deliver/Deliver_IMAP.class.php on line 82
>
> PHP Strict Standards:  Creating default object from empty value in
> /path/to/squirrelmail/class/mime/Message.class.php on line 367
>
> Strict Standards: Non-static method Message::parseStructure() should
> not be called statically in /path/to/squirrelmail/functions/mime.php
> on line 36
>
> Strict Standards: Non-static method Message::parseBodyStructure()
> should not be called statically in
> /path/to/squirrelmail/class/mime/Message.class.php on line 296
>
> Is this a known problem between squirrelmail-1.4.21 and php-5.3.4?

Don't enable E_STRICT on SquirrelMail scripts. PHP E_STRICT recommendations
are not backwards compatible and trying to deal with these warnings can
increase PHP version requirements or suppress other more serious error
messages.

SquirrelMail scripts are written to run in PHP 5.2 and older E_ALL error
reporting level. Set error reporting to 6143 or disable E_STRICT.

--
Tomas