XLAMPP Permission ownership change

Is there a way to get SquirrelMail to change what user it wants so it can work with XLAMPP? I can't see anything in conf.pl or anything online. I wanted to search this mailing list but I couldn't see a link for that on sf.net

Change from user: `net-www` (ubuntu lucid package setting)
to user: `nobody`

I could do it the other way (change the directory permissions of /opt/lampp) but it's cleaner and less chance of going wrong doing it this way.

 -j