Re: GMAIL SETUP

> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 06:57:42 +0200
> From: tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: GMAIL SETUP
>
> 2010.12.08 22:09 Jumping Mouse rašė:

> >> imap.
> >> menu.
> >> but
> >> >
> >> Check your gmail settings. IMAP must be enabled there. You can find link
> >> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78799 too.
> >>
> >> IMAP server address: imap.gmail.com
> >> IMAP Port: 993
> >> Use TLS: true
> >>
> >> SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
> >> SMTP port: 465
> >> Use TLS: true
> >> SMTP auth: plain
> >> --
> >

> > Thank you. I have gotten this far and also made some changes to the
> > folder settings, things are looking good except for one thing.
> > Here are my folder settings:
> > When I login with my personal gmail account it works but when I login with
> > my Google Apps edu account I get an error:
> > ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
> > Query: LOGOUT
> > has anyone run into this error?
>
> How many emails you have on your edu account? Are you sure that google
> apps edu account is not some customized gmail setup that requires
> different IMAP/POP/SMTP servers? Are you sure that IMAP access is enabled
> in your edu account preferences?
>
> --
> Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Yes imap access is enabled and I have used Thunderbird with imap for quite some time with my google apps edu account.

I have less messages in my edu account than in my personal account, and my personal account works.

I do have more folders (36)  in my edu account.. not sure if this makes a difference.. will disable them and see if this helps.

the IMAP preferences for the edu account are the same as for the normal gmail account,  I replicated settings I use with Thunderbird.

The only difference I can think off is that my edu account  does not end with @gmail.com  and requires the full email address as a username whereas the gmail account does not, it only requires the prefix.