Re: Display language?

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt
<Ralf.Hildebrandt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My users have predefined "realnames" and emailadresses.
> Since we're German, some users habe a "Umlaut" (äöüß) in their name.
>
> Now ONE user set her SquirrelMail to English, which results in the
> predefined "realnames" containing a garbled Umlaut (iso8859-1 encoded
> ö becomes an UTF-8 square containing a "?").
>
> How can I configure SM to use iso8859-1 for english as well?

What is $default_charset in your config/config.php?

> Or the other way round - UTF-8 for all?

We're slowly working on this.  If you want to do it to your local
translations, you have to convert each translation file and change the
corresponding entry for the language in functions/i18n.php.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team