user_info plugin problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use the user_info plugin with 1.4.21, and it doesn't
seem to work fully. When viewing the configtest.php page, I receive:

ERROR: User Information plugin has an incorrectly configured module:
function / not found in /

It displays the "INFO:" with my IP address info at the top, but it
doesn't display the account username in the left pane.

It did work at some point in the past, probably before the upgrade
from a 1.4.21 snapshot to 1.4.21. How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Alex