Re: using Thunderbird IMAP and Squirellmail IMAP

2010.07.13 22:54 James L rašė:

>> James L-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Thunderbird creates its own 'Sent' and 'Drafts' folders and so does
>>> Squirrelmail.
>>> How do I make both programs use the same folders for 'Drafts' and
>>> 'Sent'?
>>>
>> The only way to have different folders in
>> Thunderbird and SquirrelMail is to have Drafts in Thunderbird and
>> INBOX.Drafts in SquirrelMail.
>
> I have:
> INBOX
>   Drafts
>   Sent
>   Trash
> Drafts
>
> I can't see a way to for SM to use 'Drafts' instead of 'INBOX.Drafts'.
>

>> If Thunderbird can create Drafts folder,
>> your SquirrelMail with INBOX.Drafts is not setup correctly.
>
> How do I fix it?

You have default folder prefix set to 'INBOX.'. Set it to empty string.

conf.pl
 3. Folder Defaults
  1. Default folder prefix

Some IMAP servers (UW, for example) store mail and folders in
your user space in a separate subdirectory.  This is where you
specify what that directory is.

EXAMPLE:  mail/
NOTE:  If you use Cyrus, or some server that would not use this
       option, you must set this to 'none'.

[INBOX.] (enter 'none' without quotes here)

Save configuration

Remove all special folder settings in users' .pref files or DB.

If you have open webmail session, logout and relogin.

Move all data from INBOX.Drafts, INBOX.Sent and INBOX.Trash to Drafts,
Sent and Trash folders and delete those INBOX.something folders.

When you configure SquirrelMail for the first time, you should always use
D command in conf.pl menu. SquirrelMail does not detect namespace. It must
be configured to match IMAP server's namespace and D command sets most
common configurations. Only Dovecot 1.x is exception. Dovecot 1.x allows
custom name space configurations and in some cases instead of setting
SquirrelMail for Dovecot, you must set it for Courier.

--
Tomas