Re: Help with html mail plugin

Piyush Joshi <pj.netfilter <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>                 I am not happy with html_mail plugin because while
> replying to mail it lost html formating specially with images, tables.
> now i want to know can i use ckeditor with this plugin and using
> ckeditor will solve my issue.
>
> Correct me if you think this is not an editor issue.

It is not editor issue. Plugin has settings that control what to do when user
replies to html formated email. It also has code which cleans html before
putting it in compose form. If you start composing in plain text and then switch
to html, original tables and images are not restored. You must set plugin to use
html in replies, if you want to keep tables

Upgrade to ckeditor is possible, but it requires some changes in the way html
editor is initialized and I would not call it an upgrade. You will lose some
html editor features, if you upgrade FCKEditor 2.1. to CKEditor 3.3.1 and want
to maintain GPL compatibility.

--
Tomas