Re: Add new user to Squirrelmail

sirtom wrote:

> I have Linux machine which runs on Debian. In /etc theres squirrelmail
> directory with config files in it.
> Where do I start looking where are the user accounts for Squirrelmail. I
> need to add new user.
> While I only know how to move between directories, exact commands how to I
> look which files and finally add new user would be really helpful. Need
> badly to add new user. Thank you.

SquirrelMail does not manage user accounts. It works with any account
accepted by your IMAP server.

See http://linux.die.net/man/8/adduser,
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ and
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/sag/html/managing-users.html or run 'man adduser'
command on Debian. If you use Gnome, see System -> Administration -> Users
and Groups

If that server was setup by someone else, you might have to use different
tools to create new email user account. It depends on your setup.

Please note that this is not Debian or Linux support mailing list and you
should ask questions unrelated to SquirrelMail in different places. If you
are looking for Debian support, see http://www.debian.org/support