Re: Login issue Cannot redeclare sqauth_read_password

2010.07.06 20:29 William Gonzales rašė:
> I am an outsourced IT support technician.  Recently my client upgraded
> their
> Mac OS X Server and changed DNS.  They now receive an error when
> attempting
> to login.  In attempts to resolve the issue I upgraded they're
> SquirrelMail
> to 1.4.20 and installed the Compatibility Plugin 2.0.16.  None of which
> has
> resolve the issue.  I am unfamiliar with the functionality of squirrelmail
> and I have tried researching the error listed, but I have found no
> resolve.
>  Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> *Fatal error*: Cannot redeclare sqauth_read_password() (previously
> declared
> in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/compatibility/includes/1.5.1/global.php:176)
> in*/usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/auth.php* on line *300*

One wild guess. Could you check SquirrelMail configuration with
src/configtest.php script? Disable compatibility plugin, if configtest.php
crashes with some fatal PHP error. I suspect that you have red warning
about register_globals there.

SquirrelMail register_globals=on protection is written in a way, which can
break scripts, if they load SquirrelMail files incorrectly. If plugin
breaks when globals are turned on, plugin developers should fix their code
and don't depend on variables loaded in insecure environment. SquirrelMail
works fine in RG=off and becomes extremely picky in RG=on.

If some other application needs globals, turn them on only for that
application.

--
Tomas