Re: Users can login with old passwords!

> Dave's right.  SquirrelMail can't cache logins itself.  It merely asks
> your IMAP server to authenticate what credentials you give it.
> Therefore your problem is with whatever IMAP service you have pointed
> SquirrelMail to, be it an IMAP proxy or the IMAP server itself.  If
> you are really not running imapproxy, then my guess is that Dovecot is
> not seeing the updated passwords yet.  You should seek help in the
> Dovecot community for this issue.

You are absolutely right, after lots of digging it seems Dovecot caches
the authentication when using plain text auth which as webmail was
accessing locally it was doing.

Editing /etc/dovecot.conf and changing auth_cache_ttl from 3600 to a
lower value like 300 and restarting dovecot seemed to work perfectly.

Thank you all for your help and a a great product.

Dan