Re: Cannot send email from my Debian server using Squirrelmail.

2010.06.28 12:34 Alf Stockton rašė:
> On 27/06/2010 18:46, Derek Piazza wrote:
>>

>> On 6/27/10 9:16 AM, Alf Stockton wrote:
>>> Please tell me what I got wrong when setting up squirrelmail on my
>>> debian server.
>>> Configuration looks like:-
>>> SquirrelMail version: 1.5.0
>>> PHP version 5.2.0-8+etch16 OK.
>>> However for some reason I cannot send emails from squirrelmail.
>>> No error messages and I cannot find where in the logs any messages
>>> might appear.
>>>

>> What is the error message that you are getting from sendmail when you
>> try to send email out? There may just be a setting that you are missing.
>>
> There is no error from sendmail and in fact if I sent email from my web
> page(www.stockton.co.za) the email get delivered fine.

SquirrelMail 1.5.0 was released before PHP 5.2.0. In PHP 5.1.0-5.1.2 some
very specific language construct was modified or fixed. SquirrelMail 1.5.0
used that construct. Result is "SM 1.5.0" + "PHP 5.1+" = "can't send
emails"

Debian made a mistake by packaging devel version of SquirrelMail. If you
use SquirrelMail package created by Debian, get SquirrelMail packages from
newer Debian version or make sure that you don't have outdated package
version. Debian Etch should have 2:1.4.9a-5

--
Tomas