Re: HTML Mail Plugin

dpiazza wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am still looking for a solution for the HTML Mail plug-in to work in
>>> WebKit. I was given a link
>>> to and SVN server that did not solve the issue.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else able to point me in a different direction?
>>>
>> I think you already got the answer. First step is to find html editor
>> that
>> works in Chrome. Then find minimal required WebKit or Chome version. Then
>> add that html editor to html plugin or replace older editor version and
>> update plugin's browser detection function.
>>
>> Since I haven't seen your question with "how to update fckeditor to
>> latest
>> ckeditor version", I assume that you haven't checked ckeditor demo site.
>
> I have been able to replace fckeditor just fine, and it works in webkit
> and so does CKeditor.
>
>>From what I have been reading, it something to do with the way that the
plug-in is programed.
> However, that is what I read. I am not a PHP coder... and not a
> professional.

Make a backup of plugins/html_mail/functions.php

Open plugins/html_mail/functions.php in plain text or php editor

Find getBrowserType() function declaration and update it to detect webkit.
http://pastebin.ca/1887163
See difference in lines 18-21

Find two browser checks (search for 'Gecko' or '20030624') and add webkit
522 or newer there.
http://pastebin.ca/1887165
http://pastebin.ca/1887166

Pastebin links should be valid for one month. Updated code should load
ckeditor for current Safari and Chrome versions. Negative 'mobile' and
'symbian' checks are for webkit on cell phones. ckeditor 3.3.1 excludes only
'mobile', but some phone useragents don't use 'Mobile Safari'. Can't test if
it really works, because my code is different and I still have to make a
choice between ckeditor 3.3.1 and fckeditor 2.6.6.

--
Tomas