Can't run configtest

Sorry to bother!
I installed squirrelmail from debian apt-get
Ran conf.pl and went through all the options
     tried to set the imap and smtp servers to localhost as well as
mydomain.com
     set the "Default Folder Prefix" to ~/Maildir because that is what I
set in dovecot imap
and I can't get to configtest.php when  put
webmail.mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/configtest.php
or
mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/configtest.php
in the browser address bar.

Do I need to configure the apache.conf file or create a virtual site for
squirrelmail? I'm at the end of my resources and don't want to do
something stupid.  any suggestions?  The software installed on my
machine is as follows:
squirrelmail 1.4.0
apache 2.2.9 Debian
php 5.2.6-1+lenny8 with suhosin patch 0.9.6.2
IMAP dovecot 1.0.15
postfix 2.5.5-1.1 debian
Debian Linux kernel 2.6.26-2