Funky email dates

Hello,

   I don't think this is a Squirrelmail problem at all, but am at a loss
as to how to start troubleshooting it.

   I have a vendor who sends me invoices and statements as PDF files.  All
of their emails are coming through with a date of December 31, 1969.
They
claim that it's my system's fault.  I really doubt it, because everybody
else's emails are OK.  That date is suspiciously close to the Unix epoch
date of January 1, 1970....

   Looking at the emails themselves ( with the view all headers feature ),
all the dates are OK.   Where does SM get the date that it displays on the
screen above the message?  Is it an "envelope" from the IMAP server?
Right
now, I am using UW imap, but am in the process of installing dovecot (
haven't configured it yet ).

                        - Jerry Kaidor