Re: User receiving getEntity error in view_text.php

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Matt Elson <melson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Got a report from one user who says he occasionally receives the
> following error when viewing email as text:
>
> "Fatal
> error: Call to a member function getEntity() on a non-object in
> SM_BASE/src/view_text.php"

Please make sure to include the full error (line numbers are
especially helpful).  Also, version information and other things
requested in the mailing list posting guidelines...

> The only piece of information I have is that the user makes "heavy" use
> of tabs with Squirrelmail.  I've been unable to reproduce the error
> other than by visiting view_text.php of a given message without first
> viewing the full message (which seems like an unlikely thing for a user
> to do)  My best guess as to what's causing this is some sort of session
> corruption/truncation, or the user having a "stale" tab he revisits
> after the session expires.
>
> Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on what behavior could be
> causing this?
>
> I've patched a work around like so:
>
> if (!is_object($message)) {
>   $message = sqimap_get_message($imapConnection, $passed_id, $mailbox);
> }
>
> Which will fetch the message if it isn't available in what appears to be
> a cache of messages in the session.
>
> But I'm not sure how appropriate it is to do so (it seems to work well
> enough, and at the very least stops the user from seeing the error).

Sounds reasonable, but as you suspect, it's hard to comment any
further without a way to reproduce the problem.  It does sound like
the message cache in session was lost in this case.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team