Re: feature request

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM, John Gateley <squirrelmail@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM, michael crane <mick.crane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> there is a list that I am on that I registered from a different email
>>> account than default. so I have sometimes sent from the wrong email
>>> address. How hard would it be to make a default "from" for "To's" ?
>>
>> There is already a default From: address - your first identity.
>> Default To: does not make sense.
>>

> Actually it does. I am subscribed to the Squirrelmail mailing list as
> squirrelmail@... and I am subscribed to the dovecot mailing list as
> dovecot@..., and my default is j@...
>
> It would be nice if when I replied to the squirrelmail-users address
> the from address was automatically set to squirrelmail@..., and if
> and for all others, either use the "To" address (if replying) or
> the default (if new).

You are not describing "default" behavior.

> Another way would be to look for the delivered-to header and use that
> as the from.
>
> It would be a small convenience, but not worth a large effort, in
> my opinion.

SquirrelMail already does do this.  You need to have an identity that
matches the address the message was sent to.  The feature may not work
if the message was not sent specifically to you, in which case
SquirrelMail could be optimized to look at other headers, but it may
also be the case that this is either impossible or creates too many
complexities that SquirrelMail cannot automatically solve for you.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team