Re: General plugin question

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in a bunch of the plugins that are on the plugin page.
> Is it safe to assume that if I don't see the plugin listed in the
> plugin squirrelmail directory of the latest version that it's not
> included, and to enable that functionality I need to actually download
> the plugin?

Yes.  Plugins that are included with SquirrelMail are in the Obsolete
category on the website because they are no longer third party
plugins.

> Hopefully that's clear. In other words, when the functionality is
> rolled into the actual release, is the plugin removed from the plugin
> directory?

No, put into the Obsolete category.

> On a somewhat related note, I tried to download the
> squirrelmail_logger plugin for an older version (1.4.0, I believe)
> until I can upgrade to the latest on one of the systems, and after
> doing so, users would login and then see only a completely blank page.

Search the SquirrelMail documentation for information on how to
diagnose blank pages.  But for older versions like that, you're mostly
on your own.

> Maybe there is a "bundle" version that contains all of the most
> popular plugins with the latest version of SM and has been at least
> lightly tested?

Not from SquirrelMail directly.

> It's somewhat confusing as to which plugins should and shouldn't be
> used with the latest version and which will possibly interfere with
> other modules or the core version itself.

You think that's bad, try figuring out what Firefox plugins to install....

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team