local_autorespond_forward plug-in - REPLY TO issues

We are using the 'local_autorespond_forward' plug-in and have noticed that either the plug-in or the mail servers sends the vacation message to the FROM: address instead of using the REPLY TO address within the message headers if one exists.  This is causing a problem for departmental email addresses that set the REPLY TO address to something different so they don't receive "vacation messages", etc when sending out a bulk email.   Any one know how to resolve this so that if Auto reply is active in SquirrelMail, the mail server actually uses REPLY TO, instead of FROM when automatically replying to a message?  If the user hits the REPLY button within SquirrelMail, it does use the REPLY TO: header as expected.  Just not working correctly when using autorespond.  Please advise.

We are running the latest SquirrelMail version
Running on RHEL5 / DOVECOT

Terry Jolley