Re: qmailadmin plugin issue

> 2010.02.16 13:38 Rajesh M raÅ¡Ä?:
>> hi
>>
>> i was trying to use this but found a puzzling issue
>>
>> the autologin works if use alphanumeric and special chars
>>
>> however if i use "+" character in my password the autologin does not
>> work
>>
>> this issue happens with firefox and IE
>
> Your problem is not related to qmailadmin plugin. Plugin does not change
> passwords and does not do autologin stuff. Plugin only links to qmailadmin
> (http://qmailadmin.sf.net) CGI.
>
> Make sure that user with complex password can use POP3 and IMAP without
> SquirrelMail. If IMAP works, then it is SquirrelMail issue. If other
> programs don't work too until admin resets user's password, then check
> plaintext password version, if you haven't turned it off in your vpopmail
> configuration.
>
> --
> Tomas

Hi tomas

thanks for your reply

i tested further and found the following information

a) user logs in to squirrelmail using original password say "abc123",
options, clicks on link to qmailadmin interface and it logs in
automatically.

b) Next he using change pass plugin (not qmailadmin) he changes the
password to say "abc123+"

c) user logs OUT and logs in again and goes to options

d) clicks on the link relevant to qmailadmin for setting forwarding /
vacation messaging

e) and immediately it gives error unable to login

f) if user enters the password manually ie "abc123+" then he can login to
the qmailadmin interface

any tips would be helpful

thanks
rajesh