MANY folders...

Hey, all.  For various reasons, I've been asked to have an account with
slightly over a million e-mails divvied up between thousands of folders.
Shockingly (that's a joke), SquirrelMail doesn't seem too happy with
thousands of folders; after (roughly) 30 seconds, it times out, never
showing me either the messages in the inbox, nor the side panel with
folders.  I've grepped for "timeout" in both the Squirrelmail sourcecode
and php.ini, and don't see anything that seems appropriate that I haven't
already tweaked.  (Note that I'm assuming it's a timeout issue, but I
suppose it could also be a memory consumption issue.)

Since I don't need zippy response times, and I've got lots of memory, I'm
more than willing to throw in otherwise-unreasonable values... but some
pointers on what to tweak (and where) would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks!

-Ken

believed to be clean.