Re: Select_Range Doc Issue / Compatibility Bug? / Patch for newuser_wiz / Cookie Errors with PHP 5.2.12

> Happy to help re: the patch.  To clarify my statement about a bug in
> compatibility here is a chain of thought:
>
> 1 - newuser_wiz used to work until around version 2.05 of compatibility
> (based on the author notes)
>
> 2 - newuser_wize calls a function compatibility_sqextractGlobalVar() that
> still has code in the compatibility source functions.php
>
> That code is (marked as legacy compatibility code)
>
>  function compatibility_sqextractGlobalVar ($name)
>    { global $$name; sqgetGlobalVar($name, $$name); }
>

> 3 - The code in compatibility throws the error
>
> Call to undefined function sqgetGlobalVar()

That's due to a bug in newuser_wiz, however - the fact that without
your patch it does not correctly initialize the SquirrelMail
environment.  The bug is not in the Compatibility plugin.

> 4 - the function sqgetGlobalVar with the lower case sqget instead of sqGet
> only exists in the 1.4.0 compatibility global.php.

Thanks for noting, but PHP doesn't care about that.

> 5 - I viewed the fact that the stubs existed but called functions that
> didn't exist a bug in compatibility.  Perhaps a stub that just says,
> function deprecated, contact author to use XYZ version would be a good idea.

See above - the bug is the lack of correct environmental setup.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team