Re: SM Calendar not displaying added events or Saving them.

Don't top post - quote your emails properly.  READ the mailing list
posting guidelines before you post again.

>>> Windows Server 2003 Web Edition
>>>
>>> IIS V6.0
>>>
>>> PHP 5.2.6
>>>
>>> Hmail version 5.1.1 Build 341(IMAP, POP3 and SMTP server)
>>>
>>> Squirrelmail Version 1.4.19
>>>
>>> Only Plugin currently Installed: Squirrelspell(default version)(Calendar
>>> plugin disabled until plugin working properly)
>>>
>>>                 Squirrel mail points at Localhost for access to Hmail for
>>> IMAP,POP3,SMTP
>>>
>>> Tried with IE7 and IE8
>>>
>>> Here is the problem:
>>>
>>> SM Calendar, the default version that comes with SM1.4.19 appears to work,
>>> but when i create an event, it says event added, i go to either the day
>>> view, or the month view, and nothing shows up, so i tried to create another
>>> event, same issue, i had a look in the data folder, and can see a file
>>> called username.cal.tmp, i renamed the file to username.cal and logged in to
>>> SM again, and now the events i added to the calendar show up now.
>>>
>>> Is there something I should have done but haven't?
>>
>> Sounds like there is a permissions problem in your data directory (you
>> should double check installation information and how your data
>> directory permissions are set).
>>
>> Enable PHP error displays or logging (read the mailing list posting
>> guidelines) and the error should tell you more.  If you want to debug,
>> the rename of the temporary file is on about line 126 of
>> calendar_data.php.  You can also try the Shared Calendars plugin.
>
> SM had full permissions over the folder and files.
>
> Thank you for your help Paul! I have resolved this problem, On the line where it said:
>
> rename($filetmp,$filename);
>
> I have changed it to...
>
> copy($filetmp,$filename);
>
> >From what i understand about PHP it is less efficient, but it works well like this, and i can't fault it now.
>
> This will probably break during the next update, but at least I know where to look now.
>
> If i've made a major catastrophic mistake, please let me know :)

Your environment or your PHP build is flawed.  You haven't attempted
to find the actual problem.  If you had to make that change, you are
likely to run into similar problems elsewhere.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team