Re: Logging in on 2 accounts simultaneously. Possible?

EvertM wrote:

> Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>>

>> EvertM wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have run into the following issue.
>>>
>>> I want to access 2 different mail accounts on the same Squirrelmail
>>> system. I first log in on account 1, and then on account 2 in a
>>> different tab/window. However, when I then click on 'Check Mail' in the
>>> window for account 1, it 'refreshes' to show the info for account 2!
>>> This happens with IE, FF & Chrome, so I am pretty sure the problem is on
>>> the server-side...
>>>
>>> The server uses Debian, with Squirrelmail 1.4.15.
>>>

>> a) Use different browsers
>> b) Don't log with two accounts at the same time
>> c) rewrite SquirrelMail not to store information in cookies
>>
>> --
>> Tomas
>>

> So what you're basically saying is that this is the way Squirrelmail works
> and that it's not considered a bug/problem/negative thing in any sense,
> and that it's up to the individual users to deal with it in a way of their
> choice? ;-)
>
> I guess 2 browsers is a temporary alternative for me... Thanks for the
> tip.  ;-)
>
>     Evert

I've never said that. SquirrelMail can be modified to work without cookies.
PHP trans_sid has some quirks between different PHP versions and
configurations, but these configurations can be worked out. Password
security will be compromised, but if attacker can get password from session,
he or she already owns webserver. SquirrelMail can be changed to warn user,
if he or she tries to log into interface while having active webmail
session. It is up to SquirrelMail developers to implement it or refuse to
implement it. I am not SquirrelMail developer.

--
Tomas