Re: Handling obsolete plugins

NFN Smith wrote:
> I'm doing maintenance work on a server that's adequately current on
> Squirrelmail (running 1.4.15 in Debian Lenny), but is way behind on plugins.
>
> I'm getting the plugins updated, but I notice that there are several
> that have been installed, that were installed as stand-alone plugins,
> but are now included in SquirrelMail Core Plugins.  These include
> abook_take, listcommands, quota_usage and rewrap.
>
> What's the best way of handling these -- ignore, disable from conf.pl,
> or delete completely?

Disable them using conf.pl.  Make sure everything still works the way
you intended.  Once you're sure everything is OK, archive them (you
never know..) and delete from the plugins directory.

Also, you can install parallel versions of SquirrelMail, you don't have
to overwrite (and in fact, I wouldn't recommend you do overwrite an
install).   That way you can test, get the new version working exactly
the way you want it, then switch everyone over seamlessly.

Chris