Re: encoding prob on left frame

2009.12.10 09:30 Oguzhan Kayhan rašė:

>> Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi again, I noticed smthing about turkish encodings (8859-9) on sqmail
>>> and
>>> tested on previous versions also. all got same problem.
>>> If i enable online users plugin the counter msg on left frame can not
>>> show
>>> turkish characters.
>>>  shows smthing like "Sisteme ba?l? kullan?c? say?s?"  which ? indicates
>>> turkish characters..
>>>

>> This text comes from Turkish translation of online_users plugin.
>> Translation
>> file is broken. Is it the only broken Turkish text or all translation
>> strings are broken?
>>
>> 1. Which PHP version are you using?
>> 2. Do you have gettext support in PHP?
>> 3. Are you using standard SquirrelMail package or something provided by
>> your
>> OS manufacturer?
>> 4. Which charset is used in your Turkish system locale?
>>

> Hi,
> 1- php -v
> PHP 5.2.0-8+etch7 (cli) (built: Jul  2 2007 20:43:26)
> 2- gettext support enabled
> 3- standart sqmail only with modified login page
> 4-
> $squirrelmail_default_language = 'en_US';
> $default_charset       = 'iso-8859-9';
> System locale seems UTF-8

Turkish, Kurdish and Azerbaijan languages have some specific rules that
repeatedly break PHP. In PHP 5.2.0 one of the bugs triggers fatal PHP
error. I think some PHP bugs are not fixed even in current stable PHP
version. SquirrelMail has workarounds for that, but these workarounds
break Turkish gettext translations that don't set codeset. Everytime
SquirrelMail sets translation domain with bindtextdomain command, it
should also use bind_textdomain_codeset() command to set internal
translation charset.

Attached patch for online_users 1.2.1-re. It can be applied with 'patch -p
1 < online_users-1.2.1.diff' command or you could read it and do all code
changes yourself. Please note that I don't use plugin and can't test this
patch right now. Let me know if it breaks with fatal error. Patch requires
PHP 4.2.0 or newer with gettext support and you must recompile
locale/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES/online_users.mo file with 'msgfmt -v -c -o
online_users.mo online_users.po' command issued in SquirrelMail
plugins/online_users/locale/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES/ directory.

--
Tomas