Re: "Undefined variable: charset" messages

2009.11.06 02:12 Andrew Daviel rašė:

> (in a previous version I hacked squirrelmail to stop these; I forget what
> I did and now they're back after an update. Obviously it's better to get
> the code fixed or find the underlying problem...)
>
> I get a ton of PHP warnings in https/ssl_error_log, viz.
>
>   PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  charset in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/mime.php on line 317, referer:
> ...squirrelmail/src/right_main.php
>
> any ideas ?
>
> Seems to me like $charset is not getting transferred into  formatBody()
> from whereever.
>
> RedHat Enterprise 4 (compatible)
> php-4.3.9-3.22.15.i386
> squirrelmail-1.4.8-5.el4_8.8.noarch

Fedora removed squirrelmail-1.4.8-IE-Japanese-download-ugly-hack.patch two
years ago. Looks like new package maintainer decided to keep it in RHEL
packages and even extended it. Patch is broken. Ask RH to remove it or
explain all modifications to upstream. They don't have to explain
modification in SendDownloadHeaders() function, but even there they are
testing only for Japanese, when problem also exists in Korean and Chinese.

--
Tomas