Re: Forcing a logout (invalidating current session)

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Andrew Daviel <advax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> We had a user account compromised somehow (bad guys got the password).
>>
>> The user has changed their password.
>> How can I kick off any logged-in sessions and make sure they can't login
>> without knowing the new password ?
>
> As others have suggested, restart imapproxy if you use it and grep for
> PHP session files with the username in them and delete those.  That's
> probably the least intrusive (to any other users) method.

Thanks to Tomas' suggestion, I ran phpinfo.php and found the session logs
in /var/lib/php/session
Format is ugly but a grep for '"username";user_is_logged_in"
seems to work.

Whe I click on "compose" after locking my account (no imapproxy) I get an
immediate failure, so I'm not sure killing the session files is
necessary, but it won't hurt.

I also found a good number of deferred messages (naturally) in the
sendmail queue I was able to remove. I found docs on how to move them to
a quarantine queue in the sendmail manpages, but not how to actually
delete them. Zapped them with a bit of sed/grep pipefitting.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)