Re: SM won't let users log on, but IMAP does

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 01:21:53 am Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> David C. Rankin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 October 2009 02:55:27 pm Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> It's been reported that 1.5.2 does this when using PHP 5.3.  I have no
> >> idea what versions the OP was using, but this is likely your problem.
> >> I haven't had the time to test this, but you should first make sure
> >> you are getting the right cookies set in the browser (please show
> >> them).  Also, please indicate what session storage mechanism you are
> >> using.
> >
> > Ahah! Now we are getting somewhere. I have php 5.3.1, fresh update from
> > 5.2.11
> > at the same time the problems with sqmail begin. I have installed the new
> > php.ini and done a line-by-line comparison and we are fine. Of particular
> > interest here, open_basedir is NOT set so the include limitation problem
> > isn't
> > what is biting us.
>
> There is no official php 5.3.1 release. Which RC release or snapshot are
>  you using?

git200910170422-31.1

> David C. Rankin wrote:
> > ff_utma.jpg
> > opera_utma.jpg
> > opera_utmc.jpg
> > opera_utmz.jpg
>
> These are urchin/google analytics cookies. You have this spyware on webmail
> or only on your main website?

Those are from my laptop. I'm sure google puts lots of stuff on there. I read
up on the urchin cookies a year or so ago and IIRC learned they weren't that
devious and decided the effort in continually deleting them wasn't worth the
effort :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC