mail delivery failure

Hello,

Since a few days I'm having a problem with sending e-mails. Whenever I
send an e-mail I get a message back from the Mail Delivery System with the
subject line 'Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender'. The
message has the following text:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
  [here the email address of the recipient: abcd@xxxxxxxx]
    Unrouteable address"

I can only send the original e-mail by going into my 'Sent' Inbox and
forwarding the e-mail to the same person I originally sent it to.

I have never had this problem before. Does anyone know what causes it and
how it can be solved? I hope it's not due to some virus I have in my Mac.

Thanks very much for helping out.

Hidde Tangerman

--
Hidde Tangerman