Re: [1.4.19] email-address from LDAP addressbook is not properly quoted

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
> <Ralf.Hildebrandt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> If you are willing to sacrifice usability of your machine for another
>>> five minutes, you can try re-applying that patch, then changing the
>>> following lines in functions/mime.php:
>>>
>>> 1) comment out line 792 so it looks like:
>>>
>>>             //case '"':
>>>
>>> 2) change line 843 so it looks like:
>>>
>>>                 if ($k > 126 || $string{$i} == '"') {
>>>
>>> I think this will have the same result, but having a real world test
>>> to help verify would be a big help.  It seems that encoding quotes
>>> makes too much use of this code, but the only other fix is to rewrite
>>> the function parseAddress in the Rfc822Header class because it tries
>>> to parse by and then strip out quotes regardless of if they are
>>> embedded in an encoded part of the string.
>>
>> I applied that patch and made the changes you mention above.
>> The machine is working fine (load still 2.46 just like befor applying
>> the patch!), and the patch seems to work.
>
> Thanks.  I'm a bit surprised at this, so I would appreciate knowing if
> your load remains normal after another day or more of running this
> code.

And if you're feeling even more adventurous, might I ask you to revert
these changes and try the original patch again to be double sure it
kills the machine?  It's just that this second version shouldn't be
that different than the first....

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team